Our BEd consists of 20 three-credit-hour courses in education and 21 weeks of supervised practice teaching. The program is designed to enable students to develop the knowledge, skills, and judgment of a professional educator. Students choose to concentrate in one of two program levels: Primary/Elementary (K-6) and Intermediate/Senior (7-12).
Students have the opportunity to apply for one of three specializations: International Education, which includes an overseas teaching practicum, Indigenous Education, including a practicum in an Indigenous setting, or Adult Education, which has placements in adult education settings.
Why choose UPEI’s BEd program?
- small class sizes;
- extensive interaction between students and faculty;
- 22 weeks of multi-level practicum – the most in-classroom time in the country;
- opportunity to travel nationally and internationally for teaching placements;
- consistently high calibre graduates, ready for the classroom;
- learning and teaching about social justice to respond to marginalized populations;
- hands-on experience in relevant places doing meaningful work.