John Cousins wins PEI Book Award
The Prince Edward Island Book Awards were handed out at the Cox & Palmer Island Literary Awards in Charlottetown on Saturday, May 25, 2018, and Island Studies Press’s book, New London: The Lost Dream by John Cousins, won the award for non-fiction. Congratulations, John!
Shortlisted in the poetry category was Jane Ledwell’s Bird Calls.
Congrats to all shortlisted authors and winners!
The 21st Century Maritime Silk Road
Islands Economic Cooperation Forum
ANNUAL REPORT ON GLOBAL ISLANDS 2017
The Annual Report on Global Islands 2017, published by Island Studies Press in partnership with the Foreign and Overseas Chinese Affairs Office of Hainan Province, was launched at the Boao Island Economic Cooperation Forum in April 2018. Executive Editor-in-Chief is Dr. James Randall, working with Editor Dr. Laurie Brinklow and Designer Joan Sinclair. READ MORE…
WELCOME TO THE INSTITUTE OF ISLAND STUDIES!
- to be the leading centre of excellence on issues related to island studies scholarship, public policy, and engagement.
- To encourage a deep knowledge, understanding, and expression of Prince Edward Island;
- To serve as a bridge between the University and Island communities;
- To contribute to the formulation of public policy in Prince Edward Island;
- To undertake and facilitate island studies research and education at local, national, and global scales.
or sign up for our LISTSERV… To subscribe, send us an e-mail: email@example.com
CHECK OUT OUR NEW BROCHURE!
(Click on each to enlarge or download the