THE INSTITUTE OF ISLAND STUDIES (IIS) is a research, education, and public policy institute based at the University of Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown, Canada. With an emphasis always on Prince Edward Island, the work of the Institute focuses on the culture, environment, and economy of small islands.
- to be the leading centre of excellence on issues related to island studies scholarship, public policy, and engagement.
- To encourage a deep knowledge, understanding, and expression of Prince Edward Island;
- To serve as a bridge between the University and Island communities;
- To contribute to the formulation of public policy in Prince Edward Island;
- To undertake and facilitate island studies research and education at local, national, and global scales.
CHECK OUT OUR BROCHURE!
(Click on each to enlarge, or download the printable version)
Connect with us:
I am convinced that the love of islands, and
especially for small islands, is rational and improving.
Samuel Green Wheeler Benjamin. (1887). The Atlantic Islands as Resorts of
Health and Pleasure (p. 256). London, UK: Sampson Low, Marston, Searle, & Rivington.
© 2020 Institute of Island Studies. All rights reserved.