Live with a Homestay Family
UPEI’s Homestay program is managed by UPEI staff member Amy Palmer. Amy maintains close communication with students, and Homestay families to ensure a happy experience for all. Host homes are visited, and families interviewed to ensure a good fit for both students and families. Host families are prepared to welcome students as members of the family and are eager to assist in learning English and sharing Canadian culture.
- a “family-like” living arrangement
- a clean private room equipped with bed and bedding, desk, lamp, bureau/closet;
- three meals a day and access to all home facilities, such as kitchen and laundry;
- transportation to and from UPEI once a day (unless within walking distance or on the bus line).
- an opportunity to practice your English
- and learn more intimately about Canadian culture
Charlottetown is a small community, and many of our host families have provided a great homestay experience to our students for years. In fact, many of the families are known to us personally. PEI is a very safe and hospitable place.
If you have any questions about Homestay, please contact the coordinator Amy Palmer at email@example.com or phone +1-902-894-2850.
For more information on Homestay or how to become a Host Family, please visit: http://www.upei.ca/studentlife/incoming-international-students/homestay-information-for-students