CASTING CALL for “Cry of the Loon,” a play by Malcolm Murray
Father: Caucasian (late 20’s to early 40’s)
Robin: Father’s daughter, Caucasian (age 10-15 or small and young looking)
Norman: Chief’s son. Mi’kmaq (or Indigenous) (late 20’s to 40’s)
Kenny: Norman’s friend. Mi’kmaq (or Indigenous) (late 20’s to 40’s)
Chief: Norman’s Mother. Mi’kmaq (or Indigenous) (50 or older)
A dramatic play about being in someone else’s shoes. OR A dramatic play that explores the present and past relationships between Indigenous People’s and people of European decent. OR A dramatic play that asks “what is actually in an apology?
When: March 14 & 15, 2018 (Wednesday & Thursday)
Where: UPEI in the Faculty Lounge (Main building -room 201) 4:30-6:30pm.
What: Open call.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for an audition.
“Cry of the Loon” runs June 21-23 @ UPEI during Aboriginal Week.
The Confederation Players Troupe are an integral part of the Centre’s heritage program. The Troupe offers visitors a glimpse into the cultural and historical context of the 1864 Charlottetown Conference and Confederation 1867 through historic vignettes, improvised interactions with tourists, and guided walking tours of Old Charlottetown. Players are trained to assume the roles of the Fathers and Ladies of Confederation and to PEI’s important role as the Birthplace of Confederation. The program’s focus is on promoting and sharing Canadian and Island history through informative and entertaining engagements with the public and the Story of Confederation program.
Candidates interested in applying for a role as a Confederation Player should have:
• completed a high school diploma or equivalent education;
• previous theatrical and improvisation experience;
• a willingness to wear period costumes and hold theatrical character;
• an interest in Canadian and Island history and culture; and
• comfort leading large groups and dealing with the public.
• Bilingualism and experience studying or working in history, arts and/or culture are all considered as assets for this position.
In addition to the experience requirements listed above, the knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics that are required in this role include:
• excellent communication, customer-service, and interpersonal skills;
• high level of maturity, self-awareness, attention to detail, and professional integrity;
• strong time management skills and punctuality; and
• ability to take direction and work within a team environment.
Confederation Players are employed on a seasonal basis in both full- and part-time positions.
Candidates interested in pursuing this exciting opportunity should submit their résumé, covering letter, and colour headshots to the attention of Stephanie Gallant, Human Resources Manager, by email to email@example.com or in hard copy during regular business hours at the Security Desk of the Administration Offices located at 145 Richmond Street in Charlottetown.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants for this position. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Confederation Centre of the Arts is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and upon request will accommodate candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
Deadline for application is March 9, 2018